Whether you want to ski the slopes with your new spouse and a few of your closest family and friends or tie the knot on a far off beach somewhere with your entire wedding party, planning a destination wedding begins and ends with three things — location, location, location.
Here are seven dreamy destination wedding locations to make your special day absolutely unforgettable.
1. Hawaii. If coconuts are calling your name, answer them with a destination wedding in Hawaii. While it may be overlooked by some since it is part of the United States, Hawaii is every bit as exotic and tropical as other, more remote or international islands. Best of all, booking your destination wedding here won’t require a passport.
2. Costa Rica. If you want to take your destination wedding planning to an international location and still want to hold it on a beach, consider Costa Rica. This country is not only friendly to Americans but boasts some of the best beaches and ecotourism spots in the world.
3. Morocco. Marrakech has made Morocco a popular destination wedding spot for celebrities as of late, but you don’t have to be a star to have an unforgettable wedding here. If bohemia and old world architecture are your fancy, Morocco could be the perfect spot for your destination wedding.
4. Aspen. The Rocky Mountains make an enormously scenic backdrop for any wedding photo, but if you are a ski aficionado, you will fall in love with Aspen. Its luxurious mountain lodges and world-famous ski resorts are just a short drive away from Denver, making this destination wedding an easy one for your guests to get to.
5. Turks and Caicos. If you want to hold your wedding in a truly exotic locale that has a faraway island feel, the undeveloped and sparsely populated islands of Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean will satisfy your desire.
6. Tuscany. Want to tie the knot in wine country? If so, Tuscany is the perfect place for you. Nestled along Italy’s western coast, Tuscany’s rustic, romantic vibe pairs perfectly with its world-class wine and cuisine.
7. Caribbean/Mexico. These two regions are not only easily accessible, but they also offer idyllic tropical backdrops for a beachside destination wedding. Explore Jamaica, the Dominican Republic or Riviera Maya as possible settings for saying, ‘I do.’
Deciding when to go and planning out all the details of a destination wedding can be overwhelming. Let one of our experienced Travel Advisors take some of the stress off your shoulders.
We’ll make sure you have all the documents and details covered so you can get hitched without a hitch.